Tuesday, December 29, 2015

The calm before the storm


Serene storytime and a snack with my littlest love about 24 hours from the time we'll be starting the transition into our new home in San Antonio. If you've been following along, my family of five and our dog have been living in an Airbnb 1 bedroom studio apartment for the past 2 months. It was cute for a bit. I've always thought the whole tiny living trend was intriguing. And while we DID survive without 8500 pounds of our belongings (the moving company weighs it), we didn't exactly THRIVE. I'd love this place if I were living alone (and the bathroom construction wasn't so shoddy, and if it were in the arts district), as a mother of 3, I'm completely over it. I have once again failed at being a minimalist - which sucks also because becoming more minimalistic was going to be one of my New Year's resolutions. 

Anyway, now on to the next phase of moving life, the "storm" I refer to in the title: the painting, the minor renovations, the setting up of routines, settling in,  making the place feel like it's really ours... Then dance classes and yoga sessions can resume. I'll start my MFA. I'll start freelancing again. I'll publish my novel. And everything will feel right in the world again.

No comments:

Post a Comment