Saturday, June 11, 2016


It used to be safe to say you wouldn't get shot if you hadn't pissed someone off, or if you made sure not to roll with the wrong crowd.

I suffer pretty badly from paranoia. Have ever since I was a child. I went to school with gang members; some of them even used to tell me hi. My grandma's neighbor's house used to get shot at while my cousins and I were sleeping over. The people who lived there used to tell us hi too. But since I wasn't affiliated with any gangs, and I wasn't involved with drugs (which I assume the neighbor was), my mom always told me I'd be fine.

But I can't really reassure my own kids the same way in this day and age.

I will be at the DMV and one of the universities tomorrow requesting transcripts with my six year old, two and a half year old, and eight month old, and I can't be certain that some dumb fuck who can't figure out life isn't going to come in and start shooting the places up simply because he's frustrated about something.

That's a real fucking problem. This shouldn't be our reality.

Needless to say, I know.

Never mind the gun control. Although that shit needs to advance. But, anyway, what ever happened to just punching a fucker in the face? If your boss is being a meanie, if he/she fired you, even if he/she is fucking your wife, what ever happened to marching into the person's office like a bad ass and just punching him or her in the face?

Go on a mass punching spree for all anyone cares.

I would love to be punched in the face rather than shot and killed. I won't even get into the heaviness of how badly I'd love for my children not to be shot and killed... And I guarantee you, all you sad bored sociopaths out there, that punching someone will still get your point across. Killing tons of people instead is worse than dumb at this point.

It's pretty basic.

You're a basic bitch now. And isn't that what you were trying to avoid by shooting that place up to begin with?

*Editor's note. 6/12/16. Woke up to news of the worst mass shooting in American history today. I originally wrote this post in November, after the mass shooting in San Bernardino (I think; who can keep track? Smh). I noticed yesterday when starting another post that this one had somehow ended up in a "draft" queue. It had somehow become un-published. Weird. So I pressed publish and that turned it into the newest post on my blog. I was annoyed because it wasn't relevant at the time - I had been trying to write a post about my book and sexual assault on the heels of this Brock Turner bullshit. But I sarcastically said to myself, "Leave it on top. There will probably be another mass shooting tomorrow anyway." And there fucking has been.


No comments:

Post a Comment